O. F. Redfield
These photos were taken in Guilford, Conn. about 1897, by O.F. Redfield (born 1828) and his family, who lived on Water Street. The photographs were left behind in a house in Carmel, Calif. that was owned by former Guilford resident Louise Carpenter. The family which later bought the house in Carmel discovered the photos and offered them to the single remaining heir, who however was not interested in having them. Thus the owner of the new home, Mrs. Thomas J. Peterson, of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, sent the photos to the Town of Guilford’s Board of Selectmen, who handed them over to the Keeping Society in 1973.